Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Spring 2010 - Late Start

So, I am getting a late start this term. The reflective journal was beneficial last term, and per an assignment for a course this term, I am going to continue. Although I am late, I have learned somethings about myself during this late process. It is best to admit to the problem and move forward from there. I have admitted that I am late, and am moving on.

Since the term is approximately three weeks underway, I have noticed a theme that I started to think about last term, words. Maybe its more than words but the terminology that is used in DE. In both courses this term, the introductions were both geared towards familiarizing the students/learners with the terms and the uses in the course with respect to DE. The terms started with two terms that I think are very relevant to DE, media and learning/education. Outside of the DE conversation, the two terms do not pose such a huge hurdle, but when looking at it from a DE perspective, there are many potential answers in regards to the definition.

The language of DE has appeared to taken on a world of its own. I have noticed that students are no longer referred to as students, but rather as learners, and instructors are also known as course facilitators. Truthfully, it is hard to maintain political correctness with the classroom (or should I should classroom environment?). At any rate, I have pushed through the late post, and will continue to maintain my learning journal. In addition to this, I will also continue to update my wiki, once I remember the password (or is it access entry key?).

Making up for lost time,
Terasita

No comments:

Post a Comment