Sunday, February 28, 2010

February was Eventful

There is a lot to discuss about February. Of course, it will be slightly difficult to go back and reflect, but that is the best I can do. I can honestly say, that I thought about DE so much this month, based on so many theory readings. However, lets start at the beginning. I ended my precious job in accreditation this month. It was actually getting quite interesting since the organization was JUST venturing into how to accredit distance education institutions. I would have enjoyed staying araound just to hear the conversations surrounding this debate, but unfortunately, I would not have been part of the debate. So, now, I am in auditing, similar to accreditation, but more on the compliance side of education. It all sounds the same, but there are small differences. I no longer work with educational institutions but now I get to see how organizations and other businesses handle training outside of education. They look fo very similar ideas and outcomes, however, (again with words) the terminology is different.

On the school side, it has been a very theory heavy month. In the beginning, there is a strong need to understand the basics. At one point, it was very overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment