Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Budgeting Fears

It has been quite some time since I have logged into the blog and relayed any of my thoughts. My thoughts have been stretched very thin lately between work and school. Currently at work I am fighting what feels like a losing battle to help others understand that quality is of importance. For some reason, quality assurance in the mortgage business is nonexistent (I say this very tongue in cheek). I am unable to breakthrough to the course providers that there should be interaction and a level of quality in their courses. Another battle is with my supervisor. Unfortunately, he has started to feel that almost everyone is doing wrong and that the technology that helps the course providers teach the course needs to be restricted for purposes of quality assurance.

In the school zone, I am working on a budgeting project. The actual term budget scares me and the project (until I break it into more pieces) is very daunting. I have read the material (sometimes even twice), and it doesn't seem to stick. Also, at times during this term, I am completely confused by the interaction in the course.

In previous classes, it was completely understood and laid out regarding course participation, and what postings we were expected to respond to. This term, the professors have put most of the onus on the students. For the first time, I feel almost as if I am in the course alone.

At any rate, I will continue to press on. I will complete my budgeting project, and gain a more thorough knowledge of the course assignments. I will remove all fears.

PS - I know that a comment to my blog was to include more of the course content, but I really needed to get back into the swing of things with just blogging (it has been a while).

No comments:

Post a Comment